Yes I still have a few older things to post up still, but am still waiting for verification that I’m allowed to so until then I thought I’d take a minute to go back and remember something….something very dear to me and I’m sure a few others as well. Something called Catch The Babies. This was a project I had running many many years ago. It was also the first game I’d ever made. I built the game using XNA 2.0 when I was in 9th grade, so they year must of been either 2007 or 2008. Anyway it was absolutely horribly coded and beyond disgusting to look at (from a coding standpoint and visually). Me, being the terrible artist I am decided to use MS Paint to do the designs and imagery and pulled the baby pictures from Google images. At the time, I hadn’t truely worked my head around how the hell A game engine actually functioned and so Catch The Babies just evolved into the biggest, messiest sloppy code in history, yet still managed to function rather well. Unfortunately due to hard drive failures and a lack of any one else saving it, both the source code and installers have been lost but there is still one remaining video on youtube recorded by a friend of the game.
Anyway I thought it would be appropriate to pay homage to the long lost and long missed classic as I begin a series of new projects, one including a brand new game engine and game I plan to begin working on this summer. I’ll also be posting the JAR and source to the second game I made, SN4K3, that one in Java and with a partner Josh Haimson later or in the following days.
For my CS240 (Data Structures) class, we were set up to make a program. Any program we wanted. There were no restrictions and guidelines. What did myself and my group do? A simple yet effective C++ ID3v1 Editor. What’s this? The program works by having the user drag an mp3 file to the exe. Then the program spits out the files ID3 tags (Artist, Album, Title, Year, Comments) and allows the user to edit the info. Relatively simple yet something that I needed, and I’m sure will be useful to others as well. I was the sole programmer of the programmer (as well as main author of the technical paper) while my partners worked on the presentation and also the technical paper. Anyway the source code and technical paper may be useful to anyone interested in how this works so please enjoy!
Today I’m releasing something I’m Calling RandGur DotNet. What is it? It is a program which randomly pulls images from imgur and displays them to you. Hence RandGur. Why DotNet? Because it was developed in C# which is a .net language of course! I’m not going to go too into detail on how it works because if you’re curious the source code is also available for download. Features A Full screen mode, saving of the images, copying of image url’s and more. This is the first version of RandGur DotNet. I’m considering also writing RandGur in html/php as well as c++ but who knows. Other projects are also in the works so we’ll see how it goes.
Note I am not responsible for the images shown as they are all coming straight from the Imgur service. If you have any issues copy the link and discuss it with Imgur.
If you like the program and would like to support my broke ass please feel free to donate